Email marketing can be an effective and cost-effective marketing tool. But how do you grow your list with qualified leads to maximize your reach? We’ve compiled five easy ways to grow your list!
- Guestbook in Store – Take advantage of holiday sales traffic in your store and invite them to sign up to receive your emails to find out about future sales and promotions. Provide an easy sign-up sheet and then be sure to use the sheet to enter them into your list so they receive the emails. Remember, the more information you request, the less likely they’ll be to complete the sign-up so only ask for the necessary info.
- Events and Meetings – Since you’re a chamber member (see post here about why you should be), you’ll be attending networking events and meetings. As you receive business cards from your new contacts, ask them if it would be okay to add them to your email list so they can see when their favorite chocolates are on sale.
- Email Signatures – Create a customized email signature for everyone in your company to use. A simple sign-up for coupons button with a link to the sign-up page can produce a great response.
- Website Sign-up – Include a sign-up box on your website to invite visitors to subscribe to your company sales and updates.
- Sales Calls – Do you have sales representatives making visits on your company’s behalf? Be sure they are inviting the contacts they make to join your email list to stay in touch and receive the most up-to-date company information. You could even print some business card size promotions to hand out that share how to sign up.
Note: No false advertising allowed. Be sure you do actually send out coupons if you advertise it!
Do you have other ideas that you use to gather email addresses for your list? Share them in the comments below!
RCI Members: Did you know you receive an Email Marketing discount with Constant Contact?
Not an RCI member? Join today and receive member benefits, including a discount with Constant Contact