Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tip #325: 52+ Hilarious Quotes for Chocolate Shops to Use on Letter Boards


Letterfolk, Quotesletterbox, Letterfolk
What was once a relic that could only be found in diners, church basements or outside school gymnasiums, letter boards can now be found all over social media. Some say the appeal is in the nostalgia and simplicity. If you passed on the chalkboard trend due to a lack of artistic ability or even time, you might say the appeal is in the fact that a letter board is not a chalkboard.

Contrary to the chalkboard trend, letter boards are all-inclusive, only requiring decent spelling and a fair amount of cleverness or the ability to search Google (to borrow ideas from someone more witty).

Letter boards are an inexpensive and easy tool for merchandising in-store and on social media. Simply inserting a letter board next to a cute retail display or scattering a few chocolates near a letter board with a fun saying and voila you’ve got a trendy and fun social media post.

Here we’re sharing 52 of our favorite chocolate-related quotes for your letter boards—enough to share one a week for the whole year, plus a few bonus quotes for the holidays!

SWEET & SNARKY
  1. “When life gives you lemons, give them back and demand chocolate.”
  2. “Chocolate is made from beans. Beans are vegetables. Have you had your veggies today?”
  3. “A day without chocolate is like…just kidding. I have no idea.”
  4. “You can always trust me. Not alone with chocolate, but other than that.”
  5. “Snaccident—Eating an entire pizza / box of chocolates / and a bag of chips—by mistake.” 
    Our Little Bees
  6. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate and that’s close enough.”
  7. “Wake up. Eat chocolate. Be Kind. Repeat.”
  8. “When you decided to have a cheat day and all of a sudden it’s three years later…”
  9. “Sometimes I think I’m a full grown woman, then sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom with a piece of chocolate—I said my kid couldn’t have.” 
  10. “Whatever you do in life, make sure it makes you happy.”
  11. “On the chocolate package it says ‘resealable’…wha hahaha hahaha hahahahahahah”
  12. “Have you ever stopped to think maybe chocolate is addicted to me?”
  13. “Yesterday, I really wanted chocolate. Today, I am eating chocolate. Follow your dreams.”
  14. “Not all who wander are lost. Most of them are just looking for chocolate.”
  15. “Life happens. Chocolate helps.”
  16. “I’m not sure how many chocolates equals happiness, but so far it’s not 27.”
  17. “Being a mom means knowing how to unwrap candy without making a sound…”
  18. “Eat like no one is watching, or dance, whatever.” 
    The Writer Oak
  19. “Dip it in chocolate. It’ll be fine.”
  20. “Someday I will solve my problems with critical thinking, but today it will be with chocolate.”
  21. “Day 12 without chocolate…lost hearing in my left eye.”
  22. “I need chocolate because Monday.”
  23. “I don’t want to look back one day and think, ‘I could have eaten that.’”
  24. “I only need chocolate on days that end with y.”
  25. “Yeah, abs are great. But have you tried chocolate?”
  26. “Chocolate is my love language.”
  27. “Put chocolate at the top of your list of things to do today. That way at least you’ll get one thing done!”
  28. “A chocolate a day, keeps the crazy at bay.”
  29. “I’m just a girl standing in front of a salad, asking it to be chocolate.”
  30. “Tell me what ya want, what ya really really want. Chocolate. I want chocolate.”
  31. “Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend, never had chocolate.”
  32. “Skinny people are easier to kidnap… Eat chocolate. Stay safe.”
  33. “The first five days after the weekend are the hardest. Eat chocolate.”
  34. “I’d give up chocolate, but I’m not a quitter.”
  35. “I almost choked on a carrot today—all I could think was chocolate would’ve never done this to me.”
  36. “Chocolate says ‘I’m sorry,’ so much better than words.”
  37. “Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty.”
  38. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” – Julia Child
  39. “You are what you eat, so eat something sweet.”
  40. “I don’t mean to brag, but I just finished my 14-day diet in 3 hours and 12 minutes.”
  41. “Kinda need to work out, kinda wanna eat chocolate.”
  42. “Chocolate is better than therapy and you don’t need an appointment.”
  43. "I'm a better person when I'm eating chocolate."
  44. “When the going gets tough, the tough make chocolate.”
  45. “A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.”
  46. “Chocolate is to women what duct tape is to men. It fixes everything.”
  47. “I believe in chocolate for breakfast.”
  48. "Wanted: Chocolate with the nutritional value of kale, but that does not contain any traces of kale. Your move, science."
  49. “Things are getting worse, please send more chocolate.”
  50. “Life is short, eat dessert first.”
  51. “Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed. Chocolate makes it worthwhile.”
  52. “I don’t need an inspirational quote. I need chocolate.”


SEASONS & HOLIDAYS
  • “Love is in the air. Nope, that’s chocolate.” (Valentine’s Day)
  • “Roses are red. Violets are blue. Diets are hard. Chocolate.” (Valentine’s Day)
  •  “Ways to my heart: Buy me chocolate. Make me chocolate. Be chocolate.” (Valentine’s Day)
  •  “And IIIIIII E-III will always love yoooooou.” (Valentine’s Day)
  •  “She gave you life. Give her chocolate.” (Mother’s Day)
  •  “Thanks, Mom. I’m awesome.” (Mother’s Day)
  •  “I was going to tell you a joke about an egg, but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.” (Easter) 

  • “You are egg-stra special.” (Easter) 
  • “You’re one of my favorite peeps.” (Easter) 
  • “Follow the bunny. He has chocolate.” (Easter) 
  • “Easter eggs prove that kids can find things, but only when they want to.” (Easter)
  • “We’d like s’more weekend, please.” (Summer)

  • “Cozy sweaters. Crisp air. Apple picking. Hot cocoa. Crunchy leaves. Fall.” (Fall)
  • “When someone says it’s too soon for pumpkin spice and you realize you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.” (Fall)
  • “When the clock strikes midnight…pumpkin everything.” (Fall)
  • “There’s nothing fun about fun-size candy bars.” (Halloween)
  • “Trick or treat yourself.” (Halloween) 
  • “We’re keeping it corny.” (Halloween) 
  • “Hocus pocus. I need chocolate to focus.” (Halloween)
  • “Don’t forget to buy your Halloween candy early, so you have time to buy more after you eat it all.” (Halloween)
  • “Tonight’s the night we eat the candy! -Parents” (Halloween)
  • “You’re never too old to beg for free candy.” (Halloween)
  • “Thankful for…stretchy waistbands.” (Thanksgiving)
  • “Happy Thanksgiving! Remember to set your scale back 10 pounds this week.” (Thanksgiving)
  • “When you buy from a small business and actual person does a happy dance.” (Small Business Saturday)
  • “Hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside.” (Winter)

  • “I try to shop for Christmas gifts…then I see something and I think, you know who would like that? Meee!” (Christmas)
  • “May all your regifting go undetected this year.” (Christmas)
  • “How to host an introvert holiday party: 1. Buy snacks 2. Invite no one.” (Christmas)
Ful Candles

If you’ve ever hesitated to use a letter board for fear you’re not clever enough…fear no more and go get yourself a letter board! Tag @retailconfectioners on Facebook and show us your most clever letter board posts.

Crave more? If you like what you read here, look for the "Subscribe now" box on the right to enter your email address and start receiving weekly tips, like this, delivered straight to your email inbox. RCI's Tip of the Week blog is just one of the many resources we offer to help candy makers refine their craft and build upon their business and marketing practices.